Identify safe working practices for the use of a mobile elevating work Platform (MEWP)
Safe working practices which should be adopted for the use of a mobile elevating Work platform (MEWP) include
- The involvement of competent persons both to operate And work from the platform;
- The completion of any statutory testing and inspection Requirements;
- Its use only on firm level ground with checks being made on the Presence of overhead obstructions such as power cables;
- The use of outriggers which Should be locked in position;
- The correct inflation of the tyres with the wheels Immobilized during elevation of the platform;
- The prohibition on moving the platform When elevated or in use;
- The use of harnesses by workers on the platform;
- The Erection of barriers round the area where the platform is to be used;
- Ensuring the Platform is not overloaded and
- Securing all tools and equipment before the platform is Moved; and
- Introducing emergency procedures in the case of failure of the platform.
Other Important Useful Links:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- National Government Contribution Towards Health and Safety
- Definitions Of Health, Safety, Welfare & Environmental Protection