What is Occupational Safety and Health (OSH)?
Occupational health and safety (OHS) relates to health, safety and welfare issues in the workplace. Laws, standards and programs related to occupational health and safety aim to make the workplace better for workers, co-workers, family members, customers and other stakeholders.
Better occupational health and safety standards ensures good business, better brand image, high morale and employee peace of mind.
Workers come across various health and safety hazards while working. OHS addresses many types of workplace hazards, such as chemical, physical, biological, psychological, ergonomic and accidental. It also enforces safety practices and examines legal perspectives.
Safety standards are set to remove, reduce, or replace hazards, or minimize the effect of hazards on workers.
The employers and the managements are obliged to provide a safe working environment today. The demands for workplace safety are ever increasing. The trend is leading to financial investments and technical innovations.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links:
- HSE Interview Questions and Answers
- NEBOSH IGC Past Papers Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Examiner Reports Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Study Notes Free Download