Outline measures that should be taken to minimise the risk of fire from electrical equipment.
Following are the Control Measures:
- Disconnection of equipment when not in use
- Pre-inspection of equipment visually by the users
- Use suitable equipment for the task being undertaken
- Frequent maintenance and inspection by competent persons
- Avoid misusing the equipment
- Prevent the overloading of circuits and fittings
- Correct design and fuse rating for the task/equipment
- Improve the means of protection e.g. RCD
- Good standards of housekeeping
- Staff awareness and training.
Other Important Useful Links:
- HSE Interview Questions and Answers
- NEBOSH IGC Past Papers Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Examiner Reports Free Download