Give reasons why it is important to use a variety of methods to communicate health and safety information in the workplace.
There are following reasons such as:
- The people respond differently to different stimuli, and that variety prevents over-familiarization with one method and helps to reinforce a message.
- The need to overcome language barriers and the inability of some workers to read;
- The need to motivate, stimulate interest and gain involvement and feedback;
- The acceptance that different types of information require different methods of communication for example emergency signs;
- The policy of the organisation may require certain information to be in a specified format;
- and that on occasions evidence that the message was given may need to be kept.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links:
- HSE Interview Questions and Answers
- NEBOSH IGC Past Papers Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Examiner Reports Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Study Notes Free Download