Health & Safety Audit And The Issues Needs To Be Considered And The Methods Of Gathering Information During An Audit
There are Three Parts to Discuss Here:
- Part (a) – Give the meaning of the term health and safety audit.
- Part (b) – Outline the issues that need to be considered at the planning stage of an audit.
- Part (c) – Identify two methods of gathering information during an audit.
Let’s Discuss the Part (a) First
Give the meaning of the term health and safety audit
The Meaning of the term Health and Safety Audit
An audit – is a systematic critical examination of a health and safety management system, involving a structured process for the collection of independent information with the aim of assessing the effectiveness and reliability of the total system and identifying its strengths and weaknesses in order to improve it where this was thought to be necessary.
Now Let’s Discuss the Part (b)
Outline the issues that need to be considered at the planning stage of an audit.
Issues that Need to be Considered at the Planning Stage of an Audit, Include:
- The selection of a competent audit team independent of the area to be audited;
- Agreeing on the objectives and scope of the audit;
- Developing audit questionnaires and checklists and agreeing on relevant guidance and standards that would be applied;
- Allocating resources and facilities;
- Agreeing on timescales and deciding on methods of feedback.
Now Let’s Discuss the Part (c)
Identify two methods of gathering information during an audit
Methods Of Gathering Information During An Audit Include:
- Interviewing; reviewing and assessing written procedures; and
- Workplace observations to assess compliance with relevant health and safety standards and guidance.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- National Government Contribution Towards Health and Safety
- Definitions Of Health, Safety, Welfare & Environmental Protection
Other Important Useful Links: