6 Ways To Make Your Workplace Safer In 2018
Here’s one New Year’s resolution worth saving for January: what can you do to make your workplace safer? Improving health and safety at work is never a bad idea. And you don’t need to invest much to make it happen. Here are six simple things you should be doing.
- Train your people
Basic training can make all the difference when an emergency strikes. Make sure health and safety training is hard-baked into your business and use a tracking platform such as Papertrail to check that people have the knowledge they need.
- Inspect your workplace
Loose wires, crumbling infrastructure, blocked fire escapes… it is easy to overlook potential hazards, which is why regular safety inspections are key. Keep a note of your findings, and a schedule of inspection dates, using Papertrail.
- Investigate incidents
Get to the bottom of the issue when things go wrong, and bear in mind you may need to present paperwork to the authorities. Store all relevant information in a way that is easy to access.
- Maintain records
Inspections and certificates don’t mean much if you don’t keep track of them. Implement a tracking system so you have a 360-degree view of all safety-related matters at any point in time.
- Have a health and safety plan in place
Every workplace has its hazards, so know yours and think about what should happen in an emergency. Write it down and make sure your people know about the plan.
- Check your equipment
If your workers require personal protective equipment (PPE) then it is vital their kit is checked for safety and reliability. Many PPE manufacturers now make it easy to track inspections via industry-standard platforms such as Papertrail.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links:
- HSE Interview Questions and Answers
- NEBOSH IGC Past Papers Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Examiner Reports Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Study Notes Free Download.